Monday, August 11, 2008

August 10-August 16

Well my sweaty sisters (and brothers!), I spent my vacation week totally "off the wagon"! I ate sugar (large quantities of it), drank soda, and generally lounged around as much as possible! I only tied on my running shoes once the whole trip. Mikayla, Samantha, and I went running (and walking) one morning for 50 minutes so I could earn some points. We had a really nice time, but that afternoon I ended up with a migraine. The next day, we went hiking and swimming. I had another migraine and I did the 30 minute hike anyway. That was a bad decision. I was so nauseated and weak afterwards that I spent the next 2 hours lying down in the back of the van sleeping (thank goodness for Vicodin) while Shane took the kids swimming in the lake. Other than those icky times, the vacation was a good one. I put on my customary 5 pounds of vacation weight gain, but I am happy to report I'm back down 1 pound as of this morning.

So, what are my plans for the week? I'm working to run/walk 15 miles this week. My personal goal is to write down everything I eat. I had a little time this morning before work to get on the treadmill so my workout was 2.25 miles in about 32 minutes.

Post your goals and your workouts for the week in the comments!!!! Please let us all know how you are doint!
I hope you have an amazing week!!!!!
Maura

7 comments:

Cassie Rakes said...

Well I joined in the week off last week, the only thing that saved me was the amazing amount of swimming and biking I did this week, along with my tomatoes finally ripening, it's so much easier to get 5 a day when I eat cup after cup of fresh salsa. And luckily I am pretty much off of the carbinations.

The goal for this week is to get try to set up an actual work out time and include weight training,I've hit my pre Hallie weight, go me, but sadly my butt/stomach hasn't reach pre Hallie size.

ANTSYLLI said...

I worked hard last week. I came back from vacation without having gained any weight--shocker! I was suprised to find when I stepped on the scale Monday morning that my weight had dropped again! Yay me!! With the help of my friend Maura, we reviewed my progress this year and found the I have lost 10 pounds this year. For me this is HUGE because I have really struggled with other health issues. Thanks for helping me see my progress Maura.

My goal this week is to do some kind of exercise every day. My sister Margaret sent me this quote from President Hinckley today:
"Believe in yourself. Believe in your capacity to do great and good things. Believe that no mountain is so high that you cannot climb it. Believe that no storm is so great that you cannot weather it. You are note destined to be a scrub. You are a child of God, of infinite capacity.
Believe that you can do it--whatever it is that you set your heart on. Opportunities will unfold adn open before you. The skies will clear when they have been dark with portent."
Thanks to you all for your support!

Pampered Princess said...

Aug 12th Workout- I AM SO HAPPY! I got on the treadmill today determined to get 3 miles in. I felt AMAZING! I really had a good groove going! I walked 5 minutes and then set my speed at 12 minute miles and ran. It was an absolutely awesome run! I haven't felt this good during a run in months! My weight is back down to pre-vacation weight. My goal is to run/walk 60 miles in August!

Cassie-I'm so excited for your "pre-Hallie" weight accomplishment. That is fabulous! I know you'll get that tone back. You sure work hard at it!!!

Sylvia- I was so proud of you last night I came home and bragged on you to my family! That 10 pound weight loss is FANTASTIC!!!!! You are so much stronger than you were last fall, you are amazing!

Pampered Princess said...

I forgot to put in my total for my workout- 4.25 MILES! Woohoo!!!!

gordonfan said...

Thanks to the inspiration of our team captain and my sister from another mother, this "one sweaty brother" is back on track. I am now at two miles for the week, and my weight is moving in the right direction again.
3 pounds down

Pampered Princess said...

Sylvia- I liked your quote a lot!
Eric- Great job with your 2 miles and your 3 pounds!
Aug 13th- 4.6 miles in 71:05 minutes on the treadmill. Mostly walking. I ran for about 3/4 of a mile. Nice and sweaty at the end! Hope all of you had a good day too!

Pampered Princess said...

Aug 14-Wkout
2.5? miles walk around the neighborhood in 41 minutes. and
1.8 miles on treadmill in 30:15 minutes
lots of water and lots of veggies!